Do you love homemade cupcakes? I love baking cupcakes and cookies at home. My kids are obsessed with cupcakes. For me baking is much more than a passion. I love experimenting with ingredients and turning them into different recipes.
I am not exaggerating; I take it as fun. Listening to music and baking cupcakes for my kids, Ah! I just love it. If you view baking as a burden, here is a tip for you. Spare some time and try baking your favorite food over the weekends to surprise someone special. Trust me; you'll enjoy doing it.
Today, I am here to share a wonderful and super easy cupcake recipe. Please don’t get bored by the name. These are the best and most delicious cupcakes I’ve ever had. Delicious vanilla cupcakes topped with fluffy and creamy buttercream frosting are perfect for birthday parties or any other occasion.
The best part of this vanilla cake recipe is that you can easily find the necessary ingredients in your pantry. All you need is all-purpose flour, butter, baking powder, salt, and sugar, and you are all set to bake the perfect delicacies at home. A genuinely memorable dessert!!!
Here a few tips before you dive into the baking process. Don't forget to stir the flour and measure it using measuring spoons, then level it off so that you have the correct flour measurement. Too much flour will make your cupcakes hard.
One more piece of advice when filling cupcake liners - don't fill them to the top. It will seem like it has too little batter, but what you may not realize is the baking powder helps them rise in the oven. This way, you'll end up with vanilla cupcakes that aren't overflowing the muffin liners. I think now you got my point.
Oh, I think I am over-talkative. But these details can't be skipped. Pardon me if I took too much of your time. The wait is over!!! Let's get to the recipe.
For the Cupcakes
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (spooned & leveled)
- 1 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (room temperature)
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup full-fat sour cream
For the Buttercream/Cupcake Frosting
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 3 cups confectioner's sugar
- 2 tbsp. heavy cream
- 2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- A drop Pink Food Coloring (Optional)
- Preheat the baking oven to 350°F and meanwhile line the 12-hole muffin tin with cupcake liners or muffin cases. Set aside. This recipe will yield 12-14 vanilla cupcakes. So, if you’re left with more batter, you can use one more muffin tin to add 2 more liners.
- Put all the cupcake's dry ingredients into a bowl and set aside. Now take a large melamine mixing bowl, add sugar and butter, and beat using a whisk until light and fluffy. Then add the eggs (one at a time) and beat them. Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix until all ingredients combined well and a smooth batter formed; make sure not to over mix the batter.
- Now pour the batter evenly into the muffin cases. Remember not to add too much batter to the cupcake liners. Filling them a little over halfway full is sufficient.
- Now let them bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the cupcake center comes out clean.
- Once done, take out the vanilla cupcakes from the oven and let them cool on a wire rack for a couple of minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare some buttercream or cupcakes frosting. In a mixing bowl, put the butter, vanilla extract, heavy cream, and confectioner’s sugar and beat using a whisk until smooth.
- Now pipe your buttercream over the cupcakes
- Once the vanilla cupcakes have cooled completely.
A simple recipe that can be used to present cupcakes with various frostings!!! It totally depends on how you love to decorate them! Now the ball is in your court. It's all up to you. You can even add sprinkles over the top to give the cupcakes a cheering look. So what else are you waiting for?
Look into the pantry for available ingredients, or make a list of ingredients to shop on your next grocery store visit. I bet, after trying these vanilla cake, you will bake them again and again. Happy baking to you!!!
Baking tools for this recipe (order your tools here: www.husmait.co)
- 12 Hole Muffin Tin
- Measuring spoons
- Cupcake liners
- Mixing Bowl
- Piping Bag
- Piping Nozzle