This recipe is so simple. I wanted to share my shortcut and my measurements so that you get a perfectly filled one-quart Mason Jar.
The biggest shortcut is to use Love Beets ready to eat Organic Cooked Beets. You will need two of the 300-gram packs. I open them over the sink and place them in a colander to drain while preparing the rest of the ingredients.
- In a large heat-resistant bowl combine sliced beets, onion, salt, peppercorns, cloves, and bay leaves.
- Combine vinegar and sugar in a small saucepan, simmer until the sugar is completely dissolved about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour over the vegetables stir.
- Let cool, remove the bay leaves, and spoon into the jar.
- Refrigerate - these are ready to eat in just a few hours and mellow as they age.
With warm wishes for your home,