Besides a love for cupcakes, cookies, or any other baked goods, parents are a little concerned about their kids' love for them; the usual health concerns, I am sure.
I do have some concerns for my kids and want to ensure they eat healthy. Primary ingredients, as you know, for cookies are a lot of butter and, of course, sugar too.
One of my friends is a nutritionist, so I presented my concerns to her, and she replied: “Oh dear, it isn’t much of an issue.” I mentioned to her my point of view stating why I take it as a big issue. She said: “Okay, I have a solution; just bring your kids over this weekend at my home.”
On a Saturday morning, I told our kids we were going to their Aunt’s home. Along the way, the kids kept asking: “Who is this Aunt? Why are we going to her home? How far is it?”
We finally reached my friend's home. She gave us a very warm welcome. We had a good talk; my friend turned to my kids and told them about the significance of healthy eating.
After that, she went into the kitchen to prepare lunch for us, and I kept myself engaged with the kids. We all had a great lunch, and after lunch, she brought a dessert which kids around the world cherish - chocolate cookies.
Did I stare at my friend and my kids with astonishment? They started smiling with utter excitement. And in no time, the cookies were gone. My kids thanked their Aunt for such a delight and went outside to play.
My friend got up from her chair and offered a cookie to me too. I was furious at her as I mentioned to her my worry, and that's how she to address my concerns?
She knew how I was feeling. She held my hand softly and said: "Dear, at least try one.” I couldn't say no to her, especially when she offered me in such a gentle manner.
It was not like usual chocolate cookies that I thought of always as non-nutritional as a harm to health. A sudden smile appears unintentionally on my face, and I said: “It has almonds?” She replied, smiling: “Yes, almonds with no flour, no butter, and no eggs!" I didn’t believe that you could bake cookies without any flour, butter, and sugar? So, for confirmation, I asked her again, and she repeated the same. I also asked her about other ingredients.
She told me those cookies have almonds, sweetened condensed milk (i.e., to reduce the level of sugar to be added), chocolate chips, and coconut. The best thing about these cookies I found was the baking time, only12 to 15 minutes! I then finally asked what were they called, and she said: “Almond Joy Cookies” Hearing the name, I smiled, what a perfect name for such a delight! A source of joy equally for kids and their parents.
Let’s Prepare Almond Joy cookies together!
Without any further delay, let’s bake almond joy cookies. Let’s look at the ingredients and baking instructions.
- 1 bag (14 oz.) flaked sweetened coconut
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup oven-roasted salted/unsalted almonds
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat the oven before baking to maintain its temperature to 325°F.
- Mix all the almond joy cookie ingredients in a large melamine mixing bowl and stir them using whist until combined well.
- Put cookie dough over a non-stick baking sheet with the help of a measuring spoon or scoop.
- Take water in a bowl and dip your fingers a little to shape the chocolate cookies in a round shape.
- Allow cookies to bake for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the edges turned golden brown.
- Let cookies cool over a wire rack. Your super healthy chocolate cookies are ready to serve. Enjoy!!!
- Place them in an airtight glass jar for later use.
This is how you can bake delicious and healthy cookies at home. Have you ever tried this version of chocolate cookies before? If not, you must try this baking recipe. It’s super easy and super healthy. Do provide your feedback about this recipe by hitting the comments section below.
Baking Tools used